Hyperthyroidism

Hi I got diagnosed with that in February. and started to take medication in August, i only took it for one month and stopped because I started to gain weight from it very quickly and didn't wanna become morbidly obese as I'm already over weight.... i don't even understand how I've gotten the disease as I haven't had any drastic weight loss.... I only experience insomnia, anxiety, tiredness, low moods and heart palpitations... since I got off the medication (without tellin doc) I've started to trip over things and my legs have started to tremble a bit :/ and often my hands tremble and I can't think with clarity either

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will leave a better reply but okease continue to take your meds. An over active thyroid can be very serious if left untreated. It's unlike your weight gain would be down to the medication after so short a time. Please go back and see your doctor

• Your hyperthyroidism is not going to go away by itself and you are experiencing worsening symptoms of it. So you should go back to your doctor's and resume treatment. Untreated hyperthyroidism can lead to thyroid storm which is a medical emergency - please read about it.

• I refused to take carbimazole as it contained things I was allergic to!

You may also like...