Surgery delay, reasonable risk ?

Having had a FNA which is suspicious for papillary thyroid cancer, I've decided to delay surgery until after a wedding I'll be attending next year. The trip to the wedding involves a long flight and I dont want to have to deal with the problems with thyroid meds while I'm away. The tumor is 2cm and has not causing problems or changed for months. The delay means that I wont get surgery for 5 months. Surgeon says its Ok as its slow growing. Does this delay seem like a reasonable risk ?

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Robo87,

    Papillary thyCa is slow growing so, as your surgeon has said, it should be okay to wait.

You may also like...