British Thyroid Foundation London Support Group Meeting 26th November

Dear all

I see via Twitter that the British Thyroid Foundation London Support Group is meeting on 26th November. I've not been to one of these meetings as I have just started following them on Twitter but thought this might be useful news to others.

Details:

26 November 2016 10am to 1pm

Crown Court Church, Russell Street, Covent Garden, London WC2B 5EZ crowncourtchurch.org.uk/whe...

This will be a support group meeting. In order to continue the group needs more volunteers to help run it - if anyone is interested in helping please email info@btf-thyroid.org

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Mazzhak,

I think the BTF are as useful as a chocolate fireguard. They arrogantly claim to represent thyroid patients yet offer no help at all to patients who are unable to tolerate Levothyroxine and simply act as a mouthpiece of the BTA parroting the BTA's view that Levothyroxine is the 'preferred' therapy for hypothyroidism.

• Hi Clutter

After I posted this I saw some comments about BTF. Feel free to remove my post!

• Mazzahk,

No need for that, I was expressing a personal view not that of TUK. There may be members who would like to attend the BTF meeting.

• Clutter I think the majority of us on this site feel the same as you about BTF. When I joined this group many years ago, all it consisted of was people moaning about their problems and no help given at all. Unlike this very helpful site and TUK especially.

• I went to a few meetings several years ago and it hadn't changed then.

• Their support consists of levothyroxine only and there is no changing their minds.

• Sounds like a challenge!

You may also like...