Hi my name is Carla. I have never in my life sweated or get hot at the drop of a hat. I can't stand the heat. Cold weather is my friend. I have gone to doctors about it they say Im prob going through the change. Sweat pops up and runs off of me and At times I feel like it's hard to breath and I also get a little nauseous. Anyone out there know how I'm feeling? My thyroid numbers came back on the lower side of normal. But doctors say it's fine.

4 Replies

• Hi Carla,

Horrid isn't it. Sounds like the menopause if you're the right age.

Avoid coffee, alcohol, chilli, chocolate as all can stimulate hot flushes. I now drink herbal teas which has helped. have sage tablets

Sage in a pure form helps with flushes. You can also make sage tea.

• If you could post your blood test results - with ranges - it will make it easier for people to help you. Anything else is just guess work. And your doctor's idea of 'fine' is probably not yours!

• I'm 68 years old and gone through the menopause. Worst hot flashes and night sweats all day and night long. It was terrible. I was still just recently having them until I was tested for thyroid issues. I have just been on levo. since May 13th and the flahses are GONE...totally GONE! I couldn't believe it! I've suffered with them for years and years and years. My doctor put me on an antidepressant, because they will stop the flashes dead in their tracks, but I didnt' like taking them. Anyway, you might want to have your doctor re-test the thyroid. Have the test done as early in the morning as possible and DO NOT eat anything. This will give you the most accurate reading. Good luck!

• Have you changed your brand of levo or dosage change? I boil alive too especially in the evening and I'm certain it's the levo as I never had it before

You may also like...