hastomoidotos Questions

I have 2 other questions (sorry for having so many) but 

1) why does Hastomoidotos cause symptoms of hypothyroidism when your TSH is in normal range? 

2) do goitres go when thyroid problems are probably treated? What is the best treatment for Hastomoidotos? 

Thanks very much for your help in advance, 

Much appreciated, Wennieflower 

1 Reply

• Wennieflower,

My doctors insisted hyper and hypo symptoms were non-thyroidal because I was euthyroid and that it's not Hashimoto's which causes symptoms but the hypothyroidism it causes. 

After I had thyroidectomy for thyCa Hashimoto's symptoms resolved so I am convinced they were wrong. I've since read several articles and accounts of Hashi patients being symptomatic long before thyroid levels were abnormal.

There is no treatment for Hashimoto's but 100% gluten-free diet may help reduce frequency of flare ups, symptoms and antibodies. 

Goitre caused by hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism may sometimes shrink when thyroid levels are optimally treated but some do not.

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

You may also like...