Test Results

Hello I had partial thryroidectomy last Year, my Tsh test done 11th of march was 1.92 and my FT4 was 10.5, my Tsh was a lot lower 3 months ago so I am assuming it is rising, I am not going to get another test now for a year, I am really worried as I feel so tired, hair falling out, aching all over. just shattered really, so would my TSH rising have anything to do with this. I was hyper before my op now worried I am going hypo.

Thanx Tracy

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Tracybet, what is the range (figures in brackets after results) for FT4?

• TSH range 0.40-5.00 and T4 0.9-18.00.

• sorry ft4 9.00-18.00

• Tracybet,  NHS is unlikely to diagnose hypothyroidism until either TSH is >5.0 or FT4 under range.  TSH rises to stimulate the gland to produce more T4.  If symptoms worsen I would request another thyroid test in 6 months.  Arrange the test early in the morning when TSH is highest, and fast (water only) as TSH drops after eating and drinking.

thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/diagno...

As your GP doesn't consider low thyroid hormone to be causing your symptoms ask for ferritin, vitamin D, B12 and folate to be tested.  Low/deficient levels can cause musculoskeletal pain, fatigue and low mood similar to hypothyroid symptoms.

In the meantime you may be able to improve thyroid function and symptoms by supplementing 100-200mcg selenium and using a supplement like NutriThyroid.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Thankyou just ordered some nutrithyroid see if they help x

• Hi Cutter been on the Nutri-Thyroid now for 3 week and not feeling any better, been to the doctors and he has told me endo has said blood test yearly, I can't afford private test, so do you think I would be alright buying Thyroid Support S and taking half a tablet a day.

Thanks Tracy

• Traceybet,

3 weeks isn't very long, 3 months would be a fair trial. Ditto self-medicating Thyroid-S, you may need to try it for 3 months to see whether it is helping.  Without blood tests you'll be stabbing in the dark re guiding dose.

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Hi ok will stick with the nutri-thyroid for 3 month then see how I feel.

Thanks Tracy

• Hi Clutter Had bloods done and my levels have risen again I paid private through Blue Horizon.

CRP 0.80 <5.0 mg/L

Ferritin 42.2 20 - 150 ug/L

Thyroid Function

TSH 2.83 0.27 - 4.20 IU/L

T4 Total 103.3 64.5 - 142.0 nmol/L

Free T4 15.12 12 - 22 pmol/L

Free T3 4.15 3.1 - 6.8 pmol/L

Immunology

Anti-Thyroidperoxidase abs 15.5 <34 kIU/L

Anti-Thyroglobulin Abs 13.8 <115 kU/L

Vitamins

Vitamin D (25 OH) 139 Deficient <25 nmol/L

Insufficient 25 - 50

Consider reducing dose >175

Vitamin B12 H 1476 Deficient <140 pmol/L

Insufficient 140 - 250

Consider reducing dose >725

Serum Folate 24.86 10.4 - 42.4 nm

Tsh test done 11th of march was 1.92 and my FT4 was 10.5

I have been taking Nutri thyroid as well now for over a month I take 3 a day, do you think I should take more.

Thanx Tracy

• Hi Clutter Had bloods done and my levels have risen again I paid private through Blue Horizon.

CRP 0.80 <5.0 mg/L

Ferritin 42.2 20 - 150 ug/L

Thyroid Function

TSH 2.83 0.27 - 4.20 IU/L

T4 Total 103.3 64.5 - 142.0 nmol/L

Free T4 15.12 12 - 22 pmol/L

Free T3 4.15 3.1 - 6.8 pmol/L

Immunology

Anti-Thyroidperoxidase abs 15.5 <34 kIU/L

Anti-Thyroglobulin Abs 13.8 <115 kU/L

Vitamins

Vitamin D (25 OH) 139 Deficient <25 nmol/L

Insufficient 25 - 50

Consider reducing dose >175

Vitamin B12 H 1476 Deficient <140 pmol/L

Insufficient 140 - 250

Consider reducing dose >725

Serum Folate 24.86 10.4 - 42.4 nm

Tsh test done 11th of march was 1.92 and my FT4 was 10.5

I have been taking Nutri thyroid as well now for over a month I take 3 a day, do you think I should take more.

Thanx Tracy

• Tracy,

FT4 has improved significantly so I'm not sure why TSH  has risen.  Perhaps you could increase NutriThyroid to 4 tablets.

• Hi I have ordered thiroyd and I am going to try that and see if it helps, just trying to find out how to dose, I am now feeling worse, feel all blown up and my stomach looks massive, ringing in my ears, walking my legs feel like I am walking in mud in the afternoon feel really really tired but come about 9 oclock seem to wake up then am up till 2 in the morning, mentioned it to the doctor and he said he didn't know what was causing it feel really drained.

You may also like...