Symptoms of too much T4

Hi All

have tried to raise my Levo this week as was feeling exhausted and very dry skinned etc. from 87.5/day too 100/day.

after 4 days at 100 I have following symptoms :

nausea, insomnia, phlegm in throat, overactive bowels (sorry) chest pounding and slightly tight and generally unwell

My last T4 was 14.9 (range 11 -22

is this symptoms of T4 overload? have not taken today's dose yet, not sure whether to miss today and lower back tomorrow ?

Thanks for any comments

2 Replies

• Daffers, T4 14.9 is low in range, so it won't be overload. Go back to the lower dose for a week or two, and try raising again in a couple of weeks, perhaps 87.5/100mcg alternate days for a couple of weeks before 100mcg daily.

I am not a medical professional and this information is not intended to be a substitute for medical guidance from your own doctor. Please check with your personal physician before applying any of these suggestions.

• Check your adrenal function..... If your adrenals have been propping you up, taking levothyroxine might prove stressful. It mentions this in the patient information leaflet.

I had dire rear for several years until i realised my adrenals were not coping.

Doc wonT do much in he way of testing... Best results are with a saliva test. Details of private testing on the home page of the website. Http://

You may also like...