Underactive thyroid

Hi has anyone had this feeling when I bend my chin to my chest I can feel like I my neck is swollen and have a problem swolling sometimes and looking at my neck the bottom looks swollen I am on 100 m of levo get bloods taken again on the 3 of July my mother had a goiter and my sister had a goiter I no I should go to docs but think I am frightened of the out come what are the sighs of a goiter

Thank angela

6 Replies

• Angelina, goitre means swelling of the thyroid. The symptoms you describe suggest you have a goitre. Ask your GP to examine your throat and neck when you have your next appointment.

• Thanks clutter for the link will go to docs in the next couple of days just need a bit of advice as my sister and mother are no longer with us to ask questions but I think I have a goiter so will make appointment tomorrow to see doc thanks again

• I have that feeling too sometimes, but my husband assures me that my neck doesn't look swollen. As what ever I wear or however I do my hair he says I look fine, I am not reassured myself. However there is no lump and my levothyroxine dose has been the same for years. I haven't seen my doctor about it, as I only get the feeling infrequently. I'd be interested to know if others 'get this' and if anyone knows why.

• Hi carolM my neck looks swollen and bending my head down I feel there is something there clutter sent me a link witch was interesting so I am going to the docs this week and get it Sean to

Thanks angelina

• I too get that and I choke a lot too x

• Wow I just read first line of article it says the thyroid needs iodine well I am allergic to shellfish and when getting angiogram of the heart I took bad reaction to the iodine they used I now carry an epi-pen.

You may also like...