Twitchy eye

Hi, could anyone tell me if a twitchy eye is a sign of overmedication?I don't have an increased heart rate or feelings of anxiety and there has been no shift in my weight

I have been on an increased dose of 125mgs Levothyroxine for 4 months now and my Latest blood results in January were

TSH: 0.03 (0.35 - 5.00)

T4: 20.5 (11-23)

Apart from this twitch that started about 5 weeks ago and a weakness in my right arm (not sure when that started but definitely longer than 5 weeks) I feel like myself again, in fact I've not felt this good for years!

Should I have alternate days of 100/125? I just don't want to go back to feeling exhausted and I'll all the time.

S x

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Ricycle, although the TSH is below range, FT4 is within range so you are not overmedicated. Make an appointment with your optician to have your eyesight checked as too weak a prescription may be causing the twitch.

• Thanks clutter, I had my eyes tested recently and they were ok but it's worth keeping in mind if things don't improve

• As Clutter says, but it may also be worth looking at whether you might be low in magnesium as this can cause twitches, cramp etc.

• Thank you for your reply Carolyn, I have been a bit forgetful with my multi vitamins recently, probably because I've felt so well, I'll make sure to take every day x

• Hi Ricycle, I also have a twitch in my right eye. It seemed to come on when my T3-only medication stopped becoming effective after years of successful treatment. Since I started taking T3/Nature-Thyroid combination it has mostly abated, but I have a cold today, and feel really tired and it has come back. In my case I definitely don't take it as a sign of over-medication, but it does seem to be a good indicator of how my thyroid is performing.

• Thank you for you reply Clairette, I am taking Levo only and as CarolynB suggested it could be magnesium deficiency, I have been a bit lax with my vitamins recently, so I aim to take them every day. I will however make a note of the twitch to bring up with the doctor on my next visit

• Do get your B12 levels checked, if they are low it can cause twitching and weak muscles. MariLiz

You may also like...