Always hungry

Can anyone tell me if always being hungry and thyroid issues are connected, or does this as I suspect originate from poor working stomach with not absorbtion of vit's, minerals and nutrients in it. No matter how much I eat, it is still not enough plus toilet habits are enormous, with all this going on, has this affected my Adrenals and Thyiroid

Suggestions please,

3 Replies

• Do some research into a low carb, moderate protein, high fat diet. Alternative names for the same or a similar diet are "the paleo diet", "the primal diet", "the ketogenic diet". I started increasing my fat intake and reducing my sugar and carbohydrate intake a couple of years ago. The fats I eat are butter, lard, coconut oil and olive oil, and I eat more of the fat on meat now too. My weight hasn't changed but I do feel better. I still have some way to go to do this 100% of the time, but I'm going to have to learn to like grocery shopping and cooking from scratch to get the full benefits.

• And what a coincidence... Read this link :

• I swing from eating more when I'm sluggish/hypo, to eating less when I'm more alert/hyper. My gut also swings from infrequent bowel to very frequent/diarrhoea. Thyroid/endocrine issues, energy issues and gut issues go hand in hand.

You may also like...