What brands of liquid levothyroxine, 25mcg are currently available on the UK market?

I think my hospital is trying to fob me off telling me that liquid levothyroxine need to be specially ordered/made ( I have asked for Eltroxin, as I have heard that Teva is not manufacturing it anymore/ had re-call problems)

I am assuming it is because the expense they are trying to make a fool out of me. I am really tired, and very depressed by the whole hypothyroidism/ getting medication battle. I cannot tolerate tablets as I have bad allergic reaction to them.

Thank you for your help.

Last edited by

4 Replies

• Try this for info.

Moggie x

• Thanks Moggie, I did that. That was the first thing to do of course. I did show them the printout from thyroid uk list of medications, but it did not help. Ex

• So does the hosp or your GP prescribe the liquid levo and if they have done so in the past why are they questioning it now?

Sorry I thought you were just asking about current brands - hence the link - but your saying that they want to stop your meds. Who, at the hosp, is trying to stop them your endo or the pharmacist?

Moggie x

• I have recently been prescribed liquid t4 by GP. Local pharmacy got it in same day - it was Teva brand.

Would be interested to know if it has been recalled??

You may also like...