Feeling great all summer and as quick as the weather has changed so have I :(

I spent all last winter feeling rubbish while my dose was gradually increased to 125mcg and I started to feel like me again. My tsh was 0.4 and t4 near the top of the range a few months back and all was well. Over the last month I've found it increasingly difficult to swallow some food like bread and Quorn sausages?? I feel like someone has punched my throat, not a sharp pain but a tender feeling. Anyway now I'm starting to struggle with tiredness, pins and needles, numb feet in the morning just the same as last winter. Is it a weather thing? Surely I can't need more t4, I'm only small??

Does anyone else have experience of this?

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Do you supplement your VitD? I have noticed that on sunny days I have felt great, and on cloudy days not so much. I also think I have SADs.

• Thanks granitecitygirl, I do supplement, 1000iu. Apart from the tired, sluggish feeling my voice has gone hoarse again and it feels like something is pressing against my throat. Maybe I was just meant to live in sunnier parts

• My spirits start to plummet around this time of year, every year! Talk about clocks going back!

I'm already into lovely snug bootee slippers. My nose gets cold and numb, not a good sign!

VitD is helpful. I've got one of those clocks which simulate daylight, it's good waking up in a

bright room when it's still dark outside. xBeryl

• Thanks wobblybee - I've always fancied one of those clocks but my husband gets up and hour later than me so I don't think he'd approve!

I've been taking vitamin D as I found out my levels were just above the minimum range, I really noticed a difference - no more aching wrists do you take more vitamin D this time of year? I'm taking 1000iu.

• I wasn't told I was specifically lacking in VitD, but I started taking it simply to see if it would

make any noticeable difference. My aim was to try and improve mood, even in the summer

I could get low. But with all the bright weather we've been lucky to have, things started to

look up. My supply ran out, and because I felt good, it never got replaced. I actually can't

remember now what the dosage was, sorry. But, I'll be heading out tomorrow for some

more, keeping your 1000iu in mind! What a shame about the clock! xBeryl

• Hi Summer01

I was taking 5000i/u's a day to start with just to get my VIT D back up and I just about live out doors!!!! Now down to 2000i/u's. Also my Manganese & Calcium were low but my Reflexologist's machine also showed that I need Seaweed extra for Iodine. Apparently it helps the body convert T4 to T3.

Hope this helps

• Hi granitecity girl, I can only assume you're from Scotland like me - actually not far from you and I find the grey skies that are coming and the cold wipes me out. I ve recently returned from 2 weeks in Mexico where i felt the best I've been in 20 years but 2 DAYS after returning I felt the same aches etc . I had a wee sunbed session to keep my tan a while longer and couldn't believe how good I felt after it. Maybe we were meant for hotter climes.

• I have been told that climate can affect your medication. In hot countries you need less and in cold climes more, so maybe a slight adjustment in your medication is needed.

You may also like...