Heart Scan Results

I am getting my heart scan results tomorrow, I am guessing it cant be too bad as I had the scan on 18 May and have had to wait this long for the results. I did ask it my arrhythmia could be connected to my thyroid but the consultant said he didn't know anything about thyroids!

I was just wondering if there is any particular information I should ask for tomorrow

thanks

K :)

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Probably a bit late as you are getting the results today. I was twice admitted to hospital via A & E with an arrhythmia (atrial fibrillation). Both times they mentioned thyroid as a possible cause though I don't think they tested. Overactive thyroid can cause palpitations. By the second occasion I had already been on Levothyroxine for Amiodarone-induced hypothyroidism for several years.

If they prescribe Amiodarone for your arrhythmia, do ask a lot of questions about the side effects. Thyroid problems are very common with this drug and you have to. be regularly monitored.

• Thanks for the reply, I don’t go until this afternoon ?, my thyroid is underactive and I have been on Levo since 2009. I will take note of what you said, at the moment I am on Aspirin, Atorvastatin, Bisoprol and Lisinopril so I am hoping to be able to come off at least some of them.

Thanks again ?

You may also like...