Gastrocolic Reflex - Anyone suffering??

Hello Friends -

In conjunction with my Continence Nurse here in York, I am getting sorted out with a regime of bowel management. I had major constipation and my colon was full of poo following a x-ray.

I have now developed a condition called Gastrocolic Reflex. If anyone has got this highly troublesome condition you will know what it is.

I have number of health issues to deal with - Ankylosing Spondylitis (autoimmune condition), neurological problems since early 20's (now 64), hypertension, stroke etc etc. I take many meds to manage everything.

This current problem is doing my head in!!

I would be grateful to get any help, advice, and words of comfort (if any).

Thanks - Mike

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • yes, now that I've looked it up in Wikipedia, I do especially the day after Thanksgiving (here in New York :0 ). I have in connection with Parkinson's with visceral "off" (when my meds wear off, everything stops!). I've recently seen a special physical therapist for abdominal pain. Very educational! Also diet and exercise and another prescription which I shall try today for the first time. Don't give up! I haven't at 72. :D

• Wow Pat! - you have spirit! Thanks for your words of comfort. I am not looking forward to this Christmas time........... Keep going and i won't give up! Mike

• hi mike this is ann im 50 iv got bowel problem,s also got spasmonic bowel iv had to change my diet im glutten and wheat iv had to stop smokin so i also ended up in a wheelchair with the amount of pressure that my belly was puttin on my spinel cord it,s so annoyin because u dont know wat next is goin to be thrown at you but you keep smilin and juat keep smilin

• Hi Ann - am so sorry to hear about all your issues, it must so horrible for you, As you say - just keep on smilin....... Mike

• Hi Kerry - Thanks for the info on the GAP diet. I will have a look at the site and see if I can get my head around it all! Being strict is not in my regime but I am determined to get on top of it all.

Rgds - Mike

You may also like...