IBS Network
22,290 members7,546 posts

IBS-D flare-up when being exposed to cold?

Hello all,

I was wondering if you have experienced IBS-D flare-ups after being exposed to cold (e.g. after exercising and sweating and not covering the tummy properly; not having enough clothes, particularly tummy area; if you are exposed to AC in a shop; if you stop by the refrigeration area in the supermarket; etc.).

I find that if I don't have my abdomen well covered even if the summer, I am more likely to get a flareup. I am curious to know if other IBS sufferers experience this too.

Thanks!

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Olivia, I don't get flare-ups, mine is just continual but unlike you I have problems if my tummy gets too hot, like if the sun shines on it in the summer or if I stand too close to something hot like an oven or radiator! Not much help to you I know but there may be some kind of link there. Maureen.

1 like

That’s interesting! It’s actually the opposite to what happens to me. Thanks for sharing!

1 like

Hey I'm exactly like you even before leading upto knowing I experience IBS symptoms at night when it gets really cold like when it enters your body or even when it's humid it makes me feel sick then I have to go to the loo on both occasions.

1 like

You may also like...