I was a bit relieved when I got Into this site and saw there are others who suffer pain 24/7. I have had unrelenting never stopping severe

I was a bit relieved when I got Into this site and saw there are others who suffer pain 24/7. I have had unrelenting never stopping severe abdominal cramps for the past few weeks. Saw a new dr today who told me this can't be IBS since the cramps are never ending. And that "isn't a normal symptom of IBS." I live alone and don't know how much longer I can handle this horrendous constant pain. Do any of you have any suggestions as to what might give me just a LITTLE bit of relief? I barely leave my apartment any more because I am in such terrible pain. Thank you.

Last edited by

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi

Have you tried "Buscopan". When i get pain , i can usually keep it under control with pain killers (Tramadol), but if i get a really severe bout , i was given Buscopan by my local hospital, and i find they stop the pain quite quickly and usually keep me pain free for several hours at least

• Amazingly, every one of you has mentioned that same drug....I thought Tramadol was helping a little but with the pain, but it isn't anymore. Thanks for writing.

• My doctor prescribed Mebeverine 20 minutes before eating to relieve wind pains .

• Does it help with the cramps too, or don't you suffer from those too?

• I am fortunate in that i don't suffer from the "cramps" often, but i must admit , when i do get a bout , it is totally debilitating and i find myself doubled over in pain . Yes the Buscopan does help with cramps . On one occasion , i was convinced my bowel had ruptured again and i was off for another "Op", but timely treatment with the tablets did reduce the symptoms and pain quite quickly

• Where do I get Buscopan? Everything i checked on line says it is not available in the USA?

• Hi the chemical name is Hyoscine Butylbromide - i would check with your local Pharacy -- they should be able to tell you what the brand names there are in the USA

• I may be able to find it now. I didn't have the entire chemical name. Thank you very much for this info. It IS prescription only, correct?

• I get mine on prescription, but i do believe you can buy it over the counter in the UK from a pharmacy -- not sure about the USA - check with your doctor or local pharmacy.- they will be able to advise you

• Thanks so much. I'll talk about it to my gastro person the next time I see her.

You may also like...