I have IBS for 10 years. A medical doctor and professor had prescribed me and I took medicine for year. When I took medicine I was ok and a

I have IBS for 10 years. A medical doctor and professor had prescribed me and I took medicine for year. When I took medicine I was ok and after completion of dose I was ok for some time. Later I become diarrhea again in a month. Whenever I took anti diarrhea medicine I became ok and later on the same thing happening to me (diarrhea) is there any medicine for permanent solutions?

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I personally haven't heard of any permanent solutions.

I was on Amitrypline for a while for diarrhea, but because of the side effects I went off it. Now I just focus on trying to control the IBS by diet.

You could talk to your doc about amitripyline? It did work well while I was on it.

I hope this helps.

:)

• My doctor just prescribes Imodium, one a day.

• Before you try anything else, I suggest you ask for a SeHCAT test to determine whether your 'IBS-D' is, in fact, Bile Acid Disorder/Malabsorption. Mine was and there's an almost instant fix for it. About 50% of patients are misdiagnosed because very few GPs and only about 20% of gastroenterologists are aware of the condition.

• Will ask my GP,,, thanks,.

You may also like...