Scleroderma specialist: Hi does anyone... - Scleroderma & Ray...

Scleroderma & Raynaud's UK (SRUK)

10,030 members4,955 posts

Scleroderma specialist

Browncow1 profile image

Hi does anyone know a scleroderma specialist in Northern Ireland?. I am under rheumatologist in Craigavon Hospital.

Thanks Take care everyone

8 Replies

Sorry I've really no idea hard isn't it I've mixed connective tissue, Raynaud's and IBS, lot of food related issues. Not easy

Hi, I’m from ni & under a rheumatologist at musgrave park hospital, he seems to know a lot about scloderma

Hi CastlewalksThanks for your reply, are you allowed to give me his name as I would be interested in changing rheumatologist.


Hi, no prob, He’s Dr Wright, diagnosed me very quickly when I saw him in Dec & arranged various tests etc.

HiThanks for your help. You feel very alone with this disease.

All the best

It’s a challenging journey, heard there’s about 500 with it in ni, not sure if that’s right.

I'm also in NI. Was diagnosed 12 years ago. Like you I'm under a Rheumatologist in Antrim Hosp. I'm therefore not sure if there is a specialist. I remember one time seeing a female consultant in Dundonald Hosp - maybe she was specialist but she just said I was ok & to come off steroids which was a disaster. Unfortunately there are no support groups here either.

Browncow1 profile image
Browncow1 in reply to 136824

Hi thanks for your reply, hope your getting better care now

You may also like...