Joining the group!

Good Morning Warriors! I am new to the diagnosis and this site. I was diagnosed in November 2016 when a vertebrae fractured in my back. My Diagnosis is Stage 4 Metastatic Breast Cancer with bone and lymph node involvement. Complete shock after a clear mammogram 8 months prior. The good news is I love my Doctor AND so far the cancer is responding to the Letrozole, Ibrance and Xgeva shot. I am blessed with wonderful family and friends that keep the prayers going strong. Trying to complete all my former activities just a little slower and doing less in a day.

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi JulSoul, welcome to the group! I'm happy to hear that you've been responding well to treatment and that you've also got family/friends that are keeping you strong. Feel free to drop in anytime you have questions, concerns or just need someone to talk to- we're here for you! :)

• Support is always good glad you are having success with your treatment

• Thank you! It's so nice to know there is someone who understands exactly what you are experiencing.

• I have been on the same treatment plan as you with scans every 3 months since July 2015. So far my cancer has remained stable. Will continue to pray that we get good results for years off this combination of meds.

• Thank you for the kind words! Really uplifting. When your are first diagnosed your immediate thoughts are life ending. Hearing from other warriors takes the fear away!

• Glad you are doing well. I was shocked too. My March mammogram was clear, but I felt a lump on the 23 Rd of Dec.,2014. The process started on Christmas. That was tough. I have dense breasts and the Dr said the tumor had probably been there for 2 years. If only I had known, then maybe I wouldn't be stage 4. But can't change that now. So it's one day at a time. Glad you have strong support system. Take care.

• I'm so glad that you joined the site. You will find a lot of support and advice here. I am happy that you are responding well to the treatment that you are getting. Keep a positive attitude. That means so much. God Bless you. Keep fighting!

• I am thrilled that I found this site! Everyone is so positive and it's just what I need! Oncologist today, always nerve wracking.

You may also like...