Insomnia : Hello everyone, I’m new to... - SHARE Breast Canc...

SHARE Breast Cancer Support

1,431 members636 posts

Insomnia

Greengage59
Greengage59

Hello everyone,

I’m new to this group. I have a question though. I had surgery and Radiotherapy for breast cancer in January 2017. I have been prescribed Anastrazole, and also gabapentin ( for hot Flashes) I also take thyroxine for an under active thyroid. My sleep is very bad these days, and I was wondering if anyone else has these symptoms with this medication? I’m experimenting with taking them at different times, but I’m at my wits end! Any advice?

Thank you

2 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi Greene!

Yes anastrazole seems to do this to me as well. I take magnesium 400 mg and melatonin quick dissolve and it helps but doesn’t completely relieve but it is better. I also make sure the room is very cool at night! Hope others chime in!

Hi Greengage59,

I am the Breast Cancer Helpline Manager at SHARE Cancer Support and the Volunteer who will be on the Helpline this Saturday, Sept. 8th, from 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm ET, Ellen, takes Anastrazole. Perhaps calling her would be helpful. The Helpline phone number is 1-844-ASK-SHARE (1-844-275-7427).

Also, melatonin might help. But be sure to check with your doctor before taking it.

Hope you are able to find some relief soon!

You may also like...