Had triple bypass in July 2015, after suffering third heart heart attack that I was completely unaware of. Only symptom was shortness of breath which I put down to excess smoking. Daughter made me go to hospital where I was admitted, and told I was having a heart attack, tests revealed this was my third attack. After surgery was let home after seven days, returned to work after seven weeks and am now a none smoking fit fella who feels 21 again, biggest problem I had was problem of leg swelling where vein was harvested. Anyone who is in the early stages of recovery ,trust me it gets easier every day

4 Replies

• Isn't it amazing that we have smoked even when we knew it was so bad for us. Thinking all the time that it would never happen to us

• Raise the bottom of your bed mattress (a duvet underneath works well) and the leg swelling will usually go

• had quadruple by pass Dec 5 2014,during surgery found that lungs are small and i have pulmonary fibrosis.doctors would prefer i dont work but that is not possible.

• Thanks your post was helpful to me as I am waiting to have a triple bypass and it's good to hear it from someone who has been there done that. Nervous times ahead thanks again.