Restless Legs Syndrome

beta blockers

Hi everyone I wonder if any one has had envy experience of betablockers causing RLS?

I currently take a 1.5 mg Pramipexole every evening but was told by a fellow sufferer that beta blockers were the cause of her RLS and when her GP switched her to another type of med. she had a good result anyone had the same problem I would love to here we are all here to help one another.

3 Replies

I was on beta blockers for 12 months when I was first diagnosed with hypertension, but I don't remember them affecting my rls at all, mind you, that was twenty nearly twenty years ago before I recognised how much diet can affect health. It makes sense. If a pill you swallow can affect you, why not the food you eat?

Thanks Eryl I have been taking beta blockers for over 7years and it's about 2years since my RLS became chronic before that I hadn't even heard of RLS and it wasn't a big problem but as time went on it gradually became to take over my life especially the lack of sleep and I have explored most avenues my Pramipexole has been increased to the max dose and I'm holding my own at the moment but RLS is so unpredictable I don't know when it will come back with a vengeance.

Hooc, do you think you may be augmenting on the pramipexole? Have a read...

1 like

You may also like...