Low Dose Naltrexone

Working on neuro inflammatory research for Fibromyalgia at Stamford University Dr Jarred Younger trialled Low-Dose Naltrexone ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl... .The information gained suggested further research that also included the ME/CFS population would be useful in understanding the effectiveness as a treatment cortjohnson.org/blog/2015/0...

The possible benefits of down regulating the micrglia in the brain while understanding the mechanism by which a low dose of the opioid antagonist naltrexone (LDN), an agent used clinically (off-label) to treat cancer and autoimmune diseases, exerts a profound inhibitory effect on cell proliferation.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl...

LDN causes a compensatory increase in an endogenous opioid, the opioid growth factor this short term blockade of the opioid receptors provided a breakthrough in auto immune conditions that were not down regulating the inflammatory response.

Naltrexone was designed for opiate addicts using around 50 -100mg doses, the use use off label at 1.5 - 4.5mg treating cancer pain and HIV/AIDS this of label use is not researched by the drugs companies as any money possible has already been made, hence a low cost for medication under £1 per day.

More information at ldnnow.co.uk/

Last edited by

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Came off NSAIDs with side effects on liver and stomach now on 5mg of LDN no side effects showing, monitored close by local med school I am happy with my choice.

• Taken so long getting where I am at now any changes are have too

• All I can say is nothing bad happening for me no regrets.

• Used in treatment of MS (Multiple Sclerosis)

ms-uk.org/choicesldn

mssociety.org.uk/ms-news-an...

• I started reading more of the items not very good at staying focussed when other things get my attention. Lose the plot very easy but dont we all LOL

• I have read about this but is anyone in the UK able to prescribe and monitor this treatment? Is it available at all here?

• Hi there, this is my first post on this forum.

LDN is available in the UK, but you may have to go private. I've been offered it by a non-NHS doctor after a set of tests I had (MFP). I'm awaiting further test results and may take the plunge after that.

• Finding a doctor willing to prescribe ldnnow.co.uk/27101.html

or privately at prescribe4me.co.uk/LowDoseN...

Available but not been able to patent for autoimmune takes away any interest in clinical trials for drugs companies.

You may also like...