Does any one have MSA???????? IT IS a cousin of PSP & PD.... YET MORE PROGRESIVE ,,,,,,,,,,,

MY new NEUROLOGIST DIAGNOSED IT AFTER A CO,PLTE EXAMINATION... I HAD EVERY PROBLEM THAT SAID ..MSA MULTIPLE SYSTEM ATROPHY . IN IT'S FULL STAGE.. MY REWARD FOR CARING FOR MY DIABETIES FOR 63 YEARS..... HE WAS IMPRESSED THAT I WAS A TYPE 1 FOR SUCH A LONG TIME.......... I AM GOING TO SEE IF I CAN TRY TO GET MY IMMUNE SYSTEM BUILT UP. THAT'S THE CAUSE OF MY BODY ORGANS FAILNG. EES, SKIN, BP. DIGESTION, MUSCLES, GAIT, BLADDER NYTHING ELSE,

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • My husband has been diagnosed with PSP/MSA/Lewey bodies dementia with Parkinson's, yet although his symptoms match some of these he does not fit exactly into any. I think it is because the symptoms are similar and overlap that the doctors/neurologists cannot be certain.

We are awaiting the results of a second MRI scan in 16 months but I am not expecting anything new.

Well done you for managing Type 1 diabetes for so long, my husband has been Type 2 for 20 years and has not always managed as well as he does now - because I make sure he has his medication regularly !

Keep trying any therapies etc that you think may help. We have not ruled out trying anything !

NanBabs

• My brother has MSA and Amantadine seems to help him the most. We are also trying certain supplements such as cinnamon and coconut oil as well as A&D ointment for skin issues.

Keep an open mind and try anything you feel will help!

• Never neared of A& D oil

• We're in the U.S. - it's a vitamin A and D skin cream (several brands and available online) and it has helped him tremendously.

• Hi GenaBenedict

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. There is a charity that supports people with MSA You may wish to visit their website msatrust.org.uk/

You may also like...