PMRGCAuk
7,546 members12,509 posts

Prednisolone and Vitamin K and Vitamin D3

Does anyone know if it's ok to take pred and vit K 2 at the same time...I've just read there should be 8 to 12 hrs between taking Vit K and Vit D3 and I haven't been doing that...I take my pred aprox 2am and I take the Vit D3 twice a day also would the full fat yoghurt I take the pred with be sufficient for the Vit K 2 knowing it's best to take it with the highest fat meal of the day... thanks Di

8 Replies
oldestnewest

That's a new one on me - where did you read it?

1 like

Go to NutriAdvanced's website where you will see vitamin D3&K2 combined in liquid form, so I'm sure they can be taken together.

drstevenlin.com/how-to-choo...

Hope I've done this right...bit of a technophobe...Di

Technophobe maybe - but it worked!

"some research shows" - usually means there is no real scientifically based evidence (I know, scepticism rules...). So if it were me - I'd try to take it at separate times but not worry too much if I can't manage 12 hours. It's an ideal, but by the time you have separated all your medications ideally you'd never get round to taking any or doing anything else!

1 like

Thanks for your quick response PMRpro...sometimes I think I read too much. .☺...Di

Wow! I’ve always taken Vits D3 and K2 together - at any old time of the day! I am a bit erratic when taking pills, I just take them when I think of them.

I take 10 mg Prednisolone and vitamin K2 at the same time, without any problems, but leave about 4 hours before calcium and vit D x

oh! I cannot keep up... I take my steroids with a little something to eat as soon as I get up, then about half an hour later I take the rest of my painkillers and all my vits & supplements in one huge gulp.... to be honest, if I was to separate it all out I would never leave the house and the alarm on my watch would be pinging for me to take a pill every hour....

3 likes

You may also like...