Started on 15mg Pred at the beginning of June 2017. I reduced Pred from 15mg And got down to 8mg but the pain became unbearable so back to 15mg. Then on Rheumy instructions reduced to 12.5mg but in October had to go back to 15mg because of pain.
Up to this point I had never been without pain but the Pred lessened it enough to be able to function albeit more slowly.
I decide to stay on 15mg and eventually, after about 1.5months, the pain went and even he fatigue was much improved. So December was good for me but I'd learned my lesson and paced myself, resting when needed etc.
Saw Rheumy early Dec and he eventually agreed to me tapering from 15mg to 14mg for 2weeks, 14 to 13 for 2 weeks, until 10mg. Then reducing by 1mg every 4 weeks.
After taking advice from those in the know on this site, I decided to wait until after Christmas to start the taper. We had a quiet Christmas, so on December 27th I tapered to 14mg. On 28th the fatigue was dreadful. I thought it may have just been a Pred hung so continued on 14mg. Gradually the pain in neck, upper back, shoulders,ribs and lower back (this is a new pain) have got worse. So this morning I returned to 15mg.
I'm taking coated tablets so I realise it can take a while to notice any difference. Already I can notice the pains subsiding. Thank goodness.
My question is, what do I do now? Hope someone can help.