Shortness of breath

Shortness of breath

For those who are wondering if shortness of breath has connection to PBC, here's the answer. I seem to get more winded than most at age 43, so I was curious as well. For some reason I was thinking that this was discussed at one of my Dr appointments. Boy, my brain fog is playing tricks again😳. Sent this question to my heptologist, now I get to have more testing for something else🤔. Better safe than sorry I guess.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sorry to hear you having more problems you certainly being put through the mill lately hope everything goes ok for you

Best wishes

• When it rains it pours😁.

• I've been short of breath, too, and with a chronic cough. My gastro thinks it might be another AI problem

• Best to find out. Maybe mention the above tests. Not sure if you're from the UK or the States. Could be named something completely different. I have a good friend who is a cardiac nurse so I asked about these tests. She said if anything she would guess it would be the hepatopulmonary syndrome which basically is low oxygen levels in the blood causing shortness of breath due to liver disease & can be controls with medication. Best of luck.

You may also like...