I wrote to my doctor requesting confirmation of diagnosis of B12D, (diagnosed February and initially on 3 mthly injections). W anted to know and reasons for this, (not diet etc) to get clarity, and ask what was on my records. I had also consulted Martyn Hooper, as I was concerned about my nervous system health and wanted to take responsibility for my well being. I had been experiencing the usual deficiency pattern, plus Neuro symptoms, even after load dose (which I had to plead for but marked improvement). I requested doctor
to run a clinical trial of more regular injections, to address / prevent nerve damage. An Endocronologist i had seen had also written recommendeing to doctor I see a neurologist as was demonstrating neuro signs, muscle weakness etc. However, when I wrote to the GP I clearly said hospital had told me waiting time would be 8/9 months. I stated NICE guidelines, quoted B12D group, PAS, articles etc. However, today was told to make a routine double appt after the Neuro appt - so that would be summer 2019! What to do next? The doc is a senior partner. If I change Gp within practice, will they challenge a decision made by a colleague? What is the protocol? Is this why so many people SI? Can anyone advise best course of action? Thoughts would be appreciated.