Last summer I experience 4 days where my body temps ranged from 94' F-95'F. I lay in bed with a coat on, heating pad and blankets over me shivering. I also had episodes of acute pain and muscle spasms in both of my hands and forearms.

When things were better, I saw my Neuro. His explanation was the affect of PD on the hypothalamus, which was reasonable. Interesting...Last night I watched "House", a US medical drama where they try and do differential diagnosis on "tough" patients. The patient presented with a myriad of symptoms, one of which was hypothermia. One of the attending MD's pointed out the hypothermia could be explained my PD. I was surprised that this was in the script since I have not seen anyone else talk about it, though I had experienced it.

Anyone else had hypothermia (low body temp)?

7 Replies

• Mine is always low! I don't know if its the PD or medications! Can also cause variations in blood pressure!

Carol <><

• I averaged a degree low (around 97.6) my entire life before my diagnosis of PD. I feel chills when my PD symptoms are bad.

• hi suzie. . i had the same and still have. lots of sweat nighttimes. the cold is gone but my wife says i feel like themal flask. its simply awfull. hope you are feeling better

• My temp is normally about 96.8 but not from PD but from Hypothyroidism. If it goes up to what is supposed to be normal, I have a fever.

• Always cold....Doc said it can be caused by PD.....Landry.

• I'm always cold, but I also have Hypothyroidism. I don't take my long sleeves & sweater off until it's 80° and then I keep the long sleeves.

• Thanks everyone for your responses. It seems that I am always having different symptoms, it's a crazy disease!

You may also like...