Mucana pruriens source

I am searching for a high quality mucana pruriens. I currently order it from Banyan Botanicals, and I'm not sure of the quality. Thank you!

24 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It depends what dosage you are after. DopaBean from iherb.com will give you 50 mg per capsule and is one of the ones recommended in 'Mucuna versus Parkinson's'.

• And that's another question.....! Do I take it whenever I take my meds?

• I'm taking it instead of some of my synthetic ldopa and at the same dosage as my meds. If taking it on top of your meds be careful not to overdose.

• So about 1/2 teaspoon? And thank you,

• Banyan is okay, but you need the Mucuna extract. Here is a pure, 100% pharmaceutical grade mucuna. It works very, very well! nutrivitashop.com/products/...

It has no taste which indicates to me it is pure. God bless.

• What mg do u suggest.

• I don't know how my 1/2 tsp. of the Mucuna extract powder would measure in mg. I have experimented in what works for me, and it's 1/2 tsp. a half hour before I want to sleep. It gives me deep sleep for 4 hours; then I must repeat. I was getting NO sleep before Mucuna.

• I'm going to try it. I already have some called zandopa by zandu. its a powder.

• I tried it once. no effects.

• This mucuna is in powder form which makes it less expensive than capsules. Experiment with what amount works for you. I take 1/2 tsp. at a time, and with it EGCg, one 200 mg capsule which extends the usefulness of mucuna. God bless.

• I will look into this and I really appreciate your help. Thank you!

• what is EGCg?

• EGCg is green tea extract. It too offers benefits for RLS sufferers.

• No caffeine right?

• what is EGCg?

• Does egct have caffeine in it? I think green tea does. This info on using macuna to enhance sleep is a grest idea! Where is the best place to get powdered macuna in Canada?

• Hi Beverly! Green tea does indeed have caffeine. I do not worry about caffeine. I get the same results whether I use caffeine or not. I get my Mucuna from nutrivitashop.com/products/...

It is 100% Mucuna extract and is pharmaceutical grade. It has no taste which means there are no fillers. The Nutrivita website is in California, USA.

• Thankyou. I ordered it. How much do you take and how often? Do you take sinamet also? Is it possible to get dyskinesia from macuna? I think I read somewhere that the side effects are the same

Thanks for your help. This site is fantastic! Bev

• Green tea does have caffeine

• isn't Mucuna Pruriens typically 15 or 20% L-Dopa and when someone talks about 100% pure, they're talking about 100% L-dopa, so the dose has to be different? I think100 mg of 100% pure L-dopa is the same thing as 100 mg of L-dopa in Sinemet, only without the carbidopa, so you wouldn't want to take 1/2 a teaspoon of that?

• Good questions...don't think 100% is equal to 100 mg of l dopa. So what is the dosage?

• It can be confusing. 100% pure means it is 100% L-dopa - which is not relevant to weight. In other words, 100 mg of 100% pure L-dopa is 100 mg of L-dopa, whereas 100 mg of MP is 20 mg of L-dopa. (Different brands of MP have different strengths of L-dopa. Some brands of MP, for example, are 40% L-dopa.) Typically, MP is 20% L-dopa and 80% other compounds.

if you were to take one half a teaspoon of 100% L-dopa you would be taking approximately 3 to 6 g or 3000 and 6000 mg of L-dopa and if you did that regularly you might bring on dyskensia sooner than later.

I don't have the links handy now and I'm going up to a lake cabin (remote northern Minnesota) first thing in the morning, but if there's Wi-Fi in the cabin I'll find the links and send them along.

in the meantime, hopefully somebody else will weigh in on this.

• Wonderful info...thx so much!!!!@

• I Bought mine from powder city .it is written.mucuna pruriens extract 98% L Dopa.

They add a scoop .two level15 cc scoop are 150mg L Dopa.

You may also like...