report and prognosis

report and prognosis

I fast walk three miles (gentle hills in route) every other day. I have tremor dominant pd. I was dx three years ago. I take no medicines, herbs or dietary supplements... I have the traditional p symptoms with the exception of falling. My gait is somewhat affected by pd. I get around well, with only a hint of shuffling or instability. I recently started using an electric tooth brush. My right arm and hand is weak and my blessed wife has been cutting my meat into bite size portions. I do not know what beneficial effect walking has had but for now, it is my therapy. I am watching for the cure or treatment, especially ultra-sound surgery. Please keep me advised.

P.S. When first using an elect tooth brush, remove the clear protective brush cap. I did not. The elect brush made such a racket while I tried to brush my teeth (yes, I topped the 'brush' with paste) that I asked my wife to look at it. I thought I assembled it wrong. No, my wife did not laugh at me.

Last edited by

15 Replies

oldestnewest
  • RoyProp,

Few days back I have posted about Ultrasound Therapy at Maryland University of Medicine in USA; Please check latest update on link :http://umm.edu/news-and-events/news-releases/2015/university-of-maryland-medicine-tests-novel-treatment-for-parkinsons

• Laughing hard

• Dear Sir, send your email address, dinbandhudinesh@gmail.com

Can explain possible reply

• not in my interest

• HI RoyProp. I appreciate your critical thinking and find your posts to be well informed, on point, and informative. Like you, I have tremor dominant PD (diagnosed last year, after 2 years of slight tremor and curling toes sporadically when I walk). Not on any meds, but do take some supplements (tyrosine, 5-HTP, CoQ10). Have noticed tangible benefits from intense stationary bike workouts every other day and 2-3 mile walks (not fast) with the dog almost every day. Primary benefits appear to be less stiffness, more fluid movement and less toe curling. The tremor is unaffected.

I would love to know your opinion on alpha synuclein clumping. Do you think it's a cause of, or is it just a side effect of PD? I've read a number of journal articles and am leaning more and more towards viewing it as a causative agent.

I'm considering starting dopamine agonist therapy too. Your thoughts here would be appreciated also.

Thanks.

• no opinion: dopa agonist or alpha synuclein clumping

• be careful with dopamine agonist can have side affects such as gambling and sex addition

been there done that

i am now on sinemate

works well with exercise

i do crosssfit 4 to 6 times a week

some days no Pd

more good days than bad

nights can be bad

all and all i do great

check my post about crossfit

good luck

but exercise is key to a good life

• I choose:

1. no meds

2. exercise

+ 3. melatonin to see if a high dose will reduce tremors,;

"melatonin’s neuroprotective qualities are believed to actually slow the progression of PD"

• i don't have tremors

a love your dedication

exercise is the key

i can not set very long

as long as i am active no meds needed so i get up wax and clean my corvette

mow the yard

go walking

go running

lift weights

go do crossfit

chase my wife hope i never catch her don't know what to do if i did

melatonin is a drug just natural

it can give you strange dreams

i know it happened to me

i took 10 mg one evening made me sleepy all day the next day

it is a powerful drug

drugs are drugs man made or natural

not preaching just out of concern

take care

live life to it fullest

if you are a man of god bless you

• Couldn't agree more about the beneficial effects of exercise Bailey. If I slack for even a couple of days I can tell a difference.

I've read your posts about cross fit and have some friends that swear by it too. I'm in reasonably good shape, but cross fit is intimidating. I think I'll check it out, though.

Thanks for the cautionary advice regarding agonists too.

• they tailor the work out to you

that makes it doable for every one

good luck

• I'm sorry, I laughed!

• Roy... One of the first findings that was extremely supportive of exercise as disease modifying was a serendipitous event. An extremely involved pwp went on a tandem bike ride with her husband that forced her to pedal much faster than normal. Upon the end of her ride she signed something and her handwriting was normal... A huge improvement. This has been duplicated with others.

You may likely benefit your hand deficits by riding a stationary bike for 80-90 rpms. This is quite fast so work up to it slowly.

• exercise exercise exercise exercise exercise exercise exercise and exercise some more

you will improve

• Tiptop, your PD history and mine are similar.. DX'd in '13 at 73: no meds, fast walk daily, plus other exercises... Some progressing.

Tremor dominant

I follow your informative posts

Keep it up!

You may also like...