Songs, surgery, and inactivity

You guys are great! I am having a good time with all the song suggestions, putting them in my Pandora and looking them up on youtube, (thanks for the suggestion of youtube). Thank-you, all. The music is helping me stay upbeat. Hubby is having surgery on Wednesday, then he is not to use his foot for 2 months. He can't use crutches, his balance is to bad. I am wondering what the inactivity will do to his PD. Anyone know what 2 months without much physical activity does to a person with PD? Is the effect worse than what a person without PD has? Two months of inactivity is bad for anyone. What should we expect?

Last edited by

6 Replies

• There's exercise he can do sitting. Things like arm circles or reaching above his head like climbing a ladder. APDA puts out a book you can get by calling 800-223-2732 or email .

• When I had DBS surgery, my theme song was "Break On Through to the Other Side " by the Doors.

• check out You Tube videos for chair exercises including Pamela Quinn . After this surgery won't you be getting a visiting nurse and visiting physical therapist? I did after my hernia operation.

• Hello cjsg

Youtube is simply the best.

I personally don't like 'message ' music 'message movies' 'message' anything.

Some videos of beautiful kittens and puppies always make me laugh and feel the weight on my shoulders has been lifted.

• Check into some Yoga classes. Chair yoga is an option and he might enjoy the company. Also see if there is a PWP group in your area. They might have something set up. A good yoga teacher is a must!!! Good luck. P.S. He can also do yoga in bed.

• Does your husband need to get assessed for different assistive technology to help him move around without putting weight on his leg? I am thinking of a walking frame which has arm rests on and which will support his weight. Surely they must exist.

You may also like...