Just wondering ?

At the moment I am taking 70mg of zomorph twice a day and oramorph for break through pain

I am really really worried about taking all this morphine on a daily basis, and can't help but wonder if God forbid, I was ever in an accident and rushed to hospital and they gave me morphine, would I have built up a tolerance to it? Silly thing to worry about I know

Hope you are all as pain free as possible today

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yes you will have a tolerance to it but they would just give you more as needed and it is generally injected so it would have a greater effect to you.

• If you need the med you need the med, I have been on Opiates now for over twenty years and we will have to possibly get used to a higher dose.

Like you I worry about the drug, when I went into hospital for an operation for stones they gave me a hefty whack and it was like buns to an elephant as they became concerned to increase the medication to a higher level.

With me I have strong worry when I get older and need Opiates for pain I will be drinking it in a beer mug.

I talked about this to my old GP and was told not to worry.

One thing I was told is they revert to non Opiate medications with the opiate and that pushes up the pain control. I do that now when needed. Suprizing one that goes well is very easy to get over the counter. Sometimes you may also need an anti-inflammatory as well. They mix well on GP recommendation

BOB

• If you need the med you need the med, I have been on Opiates now for over twenty years and we will have to possibly get used to a higher dose.

Like you I worry about the drug, when I went into hospital for an operation for stones they gave me a hefty whack and it was like buns to an elephant as they became concerned to increase the medication to a higher level.

With me I have strong worry when I get older and need Opiates for pain I will be drinking it in a beer mug.

I talked about this to my old GP and was told not to worry.

One thing I was told is they revert to non Opiate medications with the opiate and that pushes up the pain control. I do that now when needed. Suprizing one that goes well is very easy to get over the counter. Sometimes you may also need an anti-inflammatory as well. They mix well on GP recommendation

BOB

• I had a foot operation ..bones...done under local anaesthetic and with blood supply clamped off, so I was awake whole time. Unfortunately, the pressure machine failed and the second half of op was with feeling. I couldn't be bothered to fuss, there's much worse nerve pain than that to cope with. Had you also thought that although you might have built up a tolerance to drugs, you will certainly have a tolerance to pain. And there are many forms of analgesia that can be used in hospital care, so please don't worry.

• One of the best things you can do is to use a detox/cleanse system when you're done taking them... Clean out ur liver... Even something as simple as drinking lots of water with fresh lemon will help detox the harmful chemicals... :)

You may also like...