Hi hello bonjour hola
So I am totally new to all this and I'm not 100% that writing and posting things is the right way for me ( most blogs or forums are full of banter and easy reads regardless of the subject) but here I am, let's see how it goes.
On 6th July I went for my post op appointment, I was nervous but having had many of them I knew that it was most likely the same scenario... this time it wasn't. This time I was told I had cancer, low grade serous carcinoma stage 3b to be precise. I always knew there was a chance of cancer and the surgery I had was all done in case of the worst outcome (the cyst they found was sinister) But I never really thought that it would be that outcome.
My surgeon was called in to see me as I had seen a registrar, Mr A told me everything went well but I do have cancer no need for chemo and ct scan in 3months.... pretty much as blunt as that. I then met my cns who is lovely and explained things a bit better but I left feeling numb.
At home after doing the dreaded googling (Dr Google can't really tell me much worse. I had all ready had the cancer card given to me) I found more info and a fbook group. It became quiet clear that although it's not unheard of the vast majority of women have chemo and a hormone inhibitor as a treatment either before or after surgery. So why have I not had these options given to me?
Fast forward to today where my head has recovered from the ton of info from the past few days. I have been back to the hospital seen Mr A and met Dr H the oncologist. Dr H has said he isn't happy not doing anything but isn't sure what is best to do (not helpful) he went into detail for his reasons and agrees that a 2nd opinion is best for me. I am hoping to start that process today, in with gp this afternoon and hopefully it won't be a long wait.
Has anyone else gone down the 2nd opinion route? How fast did things move?
Sorry if it's all long winded, you can now rest your eyes x