Right. Well following my post BRCA 1 news strop and associated giggle juice consumption, I am now determined to kick this b@stard disease into touch! (Perhaps working my way through all the Game of Thrones DVD's is having an effect!)
My way of dealing with things is to research, make strategies and do something. I can't idly sit and do nothing or I feel I'm not giving it my best shot! So.... I need to sort Plan A, B C etc
I'm 3A and am not going to delude myself that I'm going to be NED for ever. I hope so obviously, but am being realistic.
Right so, info needed to planning! Help please ladies...
1. When would I get access to PARP inhibitors on the NHS? At first occurrence? Second? third?
2. If you have PARP is it a forever you take it or is it a course of say 6 months or whatever?
3. Does it affect white blood cell count like chemo? ie what health wise can stop you being able to have it?
4. How much does it cost if done privately?
5. Has anyone got their private health insurance to pay for it?
6. Is there a limit to how long you can take it for?
7. Is there anyone out there who is 3A too? ie tumour and in lymph nodes but not anywhere else?
8. Do you think I can get a full body transplant on the NHS?!
😆 any answers to the above would be fab as I need to budget and plan. We were going to rebuild our rickety garage with a shiny new garage/extension so I'm trying to work out how much I need in my cancer fund instead!
Im hoping you can save me hours trawling the Internet!
Love to all,