Struggling

Hi ladies I'm a bit nervous as I've never posted online about my cancer.

I was diagnosed I 2015 with stage 3 ovarian cancer. I've had a full hysterectomy and lots of different chemos. My markers are exceptionaly high. My main query to the lovely Overcome community of ladies is does anyone have a lungdrain? I have a right hand drain. This is drained 3 times weekly. I have not encountered anyone else with this. Thankyou in advance for reading and any replies. Bestest Wishes from claire

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Claire, welcome to our lovely family of friends, we all know how you feel and you will find such support on this forum, there are ladies on here who have/had lung drains so I'm sure somebody will be able to help you and be able to empathise. Take lots of care ❤️Xx Jane

• Hi Claire

Well done for posting...it can be daunting if you are not used to it!

I am sure you will get some useful advice on here xx Lyndy

• Hi Claire, a very warm welcome and well done for being brave enough to post. You will find, no doubt, that everyone here are just wonderful, amazing, beautiful individuals that have a wealth of advice to offer and experience to share. I can't offer any advice specifically re: lung drains (I'm sure someone will shortly) but I did just wanted to offer you a huge virtual ((hug))...it sounds like you've already been through quite a tough time and I hope this gets sorted for you quickly.

Best wishes, Jemima xx

• A lovely welcome Thankyou Jemima xx

• Hello and welcome. I know women who have had this procedure many times. You may find it helpful to also go on Facebook and send a friend request to a closed group for women with OC - it's called Ovarian Cancer UK. I find both this site here on Ovacome and that site very helpful.

All the best to you.

Netti

• Claire

Welcome to our wonderful community, you will get marvellous support from the ladies on this site, you will also hear from a number of ladies who have had the drain.

Sending you hugs

Ellsey xx

• I had a chest drain around the time I had my initial surgery, to remove a pleural effusion. Like you it was the right side. But I only needed it drained once. After surgery, the fluid didn't return. I hope there is someone who can reply to you who has had repeated drainings. Di

• Thankyou Di this is very informative for me, I've not had the opportunity to talk to anyone that's even heard of the drain. Thankyou Di so much x

You may also like...