Some good news for a change

Hi ladies. I hole this cheers you up and gives a little laugh.

Just posting to let you know that my daughter gave birth to a little boy yesterday (my 2nd grandson) weighing in at 7lb 4oz.

He was born in the kitchen, on a blanket on the floor.

I am pleased to say that I witnessed the birth from the floor and found the whole experience amazing.

I was birthing partner to her first but didn't see "The action bits"

Her husband and I are considering changing our careers and going into midwifery :)

What a good reason to fight this bugger of a disease.

Take care ladies. Love to all Irene xxx

77 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations

• Thank Tazzy - well chuffed xx

• Congratulations Irene..a wonderful and exciting way to start the new year..

Love Jennyx

• Thank you Jenny - think I am still in shock xx

• Now that is totally amazing. Congratulations to you all. Xxxxxx

• It certainly was amazing TinaB - a lovely story to tell xx

• Congratulations to you and your daughter Irene. A lovely piece of news xxx

• What lovely news...congratulations xxx

• How wonderful!! Thankyou for sharing this with us.This is what life's all about.Many congratulations.

Much love JO xx

• Wow - fantastic news! Well done you - hope you are all doing well.

• Feeling quite proud of myself - midwifery was never on my bucket list lol xxxx

• Oh congratulations! Never a better reason as you say to fight this bugger of a disease! So pleased for you and thank you for sharing, made me smile :)

• Oh I agree and I am fighting fighting fighting all the way xxxx

• Wonderful news Irene. Congratulations.

Love Mary xx

• Thanks Mary, we are over the moon :) xx

• How lovely, so glad you shared this, it certainly made me smile xxx

• Glad it put a smile on your face NannyT, it surely put one on mine lol xx

• Congratulations to all the family xx

• Thanx Peanut2 - a new birth is great news to share, Irene xx

• Lovely news to wake up to!! Wishing you all love, laughter and many more adventures together! Sx

• Oh yes Sundleury, I jntend to have many many years of fun and laughter with my 2 grandsons, Irene xx

• Congratulations to you and your family xx

• Thank you Marianna, I will pass them on xxxxx

• What an exciting occasion, makes life worthwhile when such wonderful things happen, long may you enjoy the new baby. Gillx

• Mixed emotions yesterday, shock, joy, laughter, tears, fear, happiness etc etc etc.

Overall a great day and a lovely baby boy xxxx

• Wonderful news Irene, I'm so pleased for you. My first granddaughter is 10 months now and has brought me so much joy and yes it does make me even more determined to keep fighting

Love Francesca x

• Enjoy your granddaughter Francesca, it get so much better (and easier) as they get older. My eldest grandson is 5 and a joy to be with. Take care Irene xxxx

• Congratulations Irene!..fantastic news..what an experience! I'm expecting my first grandchild in march. I hope we go the conventional route though..haha. Love & best wishes to you all.

Sharon xxxx

• Congratulations on the action packed debut. We are having the unplanned but much wanted bonus of grandchild number 5 in March and can't wait. Babies are such a life enhancing gift. Rita

• Nics Rita, hope all goes well with number 5 - you just be a professional nanny by now, I am just learning with number 2 lol :) xx

• Fabulous. You are right, it is a good reason to get life in focus. Hope your daughter and grandson are well. You will be over the moon. Thanks for sharing your good news. Love Carole xx

• We are over the moon, the sun and all the stars. He's a real bonny baby and changing by the hour xxxx

• Oh wow , that is such fabulous news !

Congratulations to everyone in the kitchen !

:-) Angela with happy grin for you x

• Love the grin Angela, mine is spread all over my face. Grinning right back to you :) :) :) xxx

• Lovely news......babies always bring so much joy. Fight on and enjoy your precious moments for years to come!!!

Love Wendy xxx

• Thank you Wendy. He's changing already so I am savouring these precious moments xxx

• Wonderful.....wonderful news! Many congratulations.

Thank you so much for sharing. Love Janette xxx

• Congratulations, what a beautiful experience it is. Xxxx to the new family.

• Oops Totty, are you finger happy, or did you want to congratulate us 4 times

• Many Congratulations to you all, sending lots of love, and thinking of you all as well. Here's to the new member of the family, may his life be filled with love and happiness and good health.

Enjoy.

Love Trish xx

• Thanks you Trish. Been cooking all morning, lasagne and cottage pie. That should keep then going for a few days, xxxxx

• Congratulations. How wonderful. Thanks for sharing the cheery news.

• Congratulations to you and your hubby and your daughter and a huge Irish welcome to your new grandson. Well done to all, isnt it great you were there for your daughter, its things like this help us keep on with the good fight, sending you lots of hugs

• Congratulations to you and your hubby and your daughter and a huge Irish welcome to your new grandson. Well done to all, isnt it great you were there for your daughter, its things like this help us keep on with the good fight, sending you lots of hugs

• Congratulations and well done you, and special congrats to the proud mum for her hard work.

Judith

x

• Fantastic news Irene, well done all of you ! Xxx

• Well done, I bet you feel proud!! Gio

• Well done, I bet you feel proud!!

• Congratulations to you and your family, lovely news !!

Love Kaz xx

• Oops sorry, typing whilst my 10month old grandaughter Neive was smacking the tablet , hadn't realised she had sent the message 3 times already lol.

• That made me laugh xxxxx

• Congratulations

• Thank you xx

• Gosh , speechless , what a result xxx

• I thought a bit of good news is better than some of the doom n gloom we hear and read in the press xxxxx

• Wow, what an experience, to help with the birth of your grandson. Congratulations Grandma, and to the proud parents and big brother. Great news. Ann xo

• I can't believe he is changing already. thanks Ann xxx

• Congratulations and what an exciting entrance for you to be part off xo

• Thanks Julie, I don't think he wanted a trip to the hospital. Far too cold xxxxx

• Wow how amazing Irene, congratulations!

• It certainly was an amazing experience, but not one that i would like to repeat, although another grandchild would be most welcome xxxxx

• Wonderful news.Many congratulations x

Anne B

• Thank you Anne xx

• Congratulations to you and your family, Pam x

• Thank you Pam, still in shock xx

• WOW! Many congratulations to you all!

Annette xxx

• Wow indeed Annette - still can't quite believe it :) xx

• Awwww well he was a bun in the oven !!!! Congratulations and an amazing experience you will never forget xxxx

• Re-living it every day - he was a big bun at 7.4 - not sure he would have fitted in a conventional oven lol xxxxx

• Congratulations on the birth of your grandson and what a fantastic and unforgettable experience. Well done grandma .......and mum, of course! :-)

Jill xx

• Thank you Jill. I watched "Call the midwife" on Sunday and the opening scene was a delivery in a car!!! That could have been us if we had driven to hospital.

Pleased to say all doing well xxxx

• What amazing news Irene. Enough to cheer us all up. I'm so thrilled to hear mum, baby and grandma are all doing well. Bet that took your mind off hospital visits, CA125 counts and all the other stuff that seems to occupy our minds.

Thanks so much for sharing. xxx Annie

• Thought it would cheer a few ladies up Annie. cannot believe the amount of replies, such lovely ladies.

Safe journey home, I will call over the weekend xxxxx

You may also like...