My Ovacome

I'm 18 and i have questions abt my ovaries i can feel 3/4 small/medium-sized cysts on my right ovary and don't have a way to the drhelp?

My periods have always been irregular but have been more spaced out and random like ill cramp before i start n bleed for 3 days n then skip a month or two n then have a heavy painful one for abput a week n then skipp longer for the past year...i don't have insurance so I've been dealing with it but now its been affecting my whole life...i can't exercise do much wit friends or even have sex with bf without (moderate-severe pain) plus I've been having. more frequent migraines in the past few months...can anyone please help?? I'm confused and kinda freaking out right now:/ I've just started to notice the cysts tho I'm not sure hpw long they've. been there

6 Replies

You must go to the Doctors and get this all checked out, sure your fine but need your mind put at rest. Take Care Jenny xxx


As from Jenny please go to the dr. If you are embarrassed there are women dr that you can see and you can take someone with you . At your young age I am sure there is nothing to worry about in relation to something sinister, but there are other conditions such as ovarian cysts, poly cystic ovaries, endometriosis that can all cause symptoms like these and can be treated . Hope you get on ok

Ally xx


You mention insurance are you from the states? Are there any free clinics you can go to?


hello. Please don't hesitate to go to GP to talk about your health symptoms. Hopefully your visit will prove to be that you have no health problem. It could be a simple issue as PCOS. Unfortunately, I always had period problems - heavy & irregular periods and lots of pain. In my youth PCOS and endometreosis was not known, so at this age in my life, I don't know that had a bearing on my OC.

The only advice now is to go to your GP/family doctor and talk to her or him. A simple scan can rule out lots of things. So please don't think the worst.

You are young enough and I am sure you are looking forward to a wonderful and fulfilling life. Daisies


I'm not sure why you can't get the help of a doctor. It must be very worrying for you. It sounds to me as though you may have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome, which two of my family have, and as far as I know, not dangerous. I hope you can find a way to get Doctor's advice to have your mind put at rest.

Good Luck, Solange



Have a look on I know it relates to the UK but there's lots of info about signs and symptoms and treatments in the Factsheets (look at resources) There is also a BEAT online symptom tracker, where you can check out and record your symptoms. Do this over the course of three or four weeks and then print it out to take to your doctor. He can see better what is going on then and maybe refer for investigations. It's unlikely to be OC but I had similar symptoms for decades and ended up getting OC when I was 52. It's best to get it checked out

Good luck

Love Wendy xx


You may also like...