Ovarian carcinosarcoma

Hello there ,

I am 55 years old , had a total hysterectomy on Dec23rd 2011 as had a large complex Ovarian mass .results on Jan 9th have shown that I have stage 1c ovarian cancer .Surgeon says its a carcinosarcoma very rare form of cancer and rather aggressive ..

The Ovarian mass leaked during the op and while they did a wash of the area they cannot be sure that some of the cells did not escape ..

Will start carbo /taxol chemo on the 3rd of Feb .

Just a long shot but just maybe someone out there has the same ..worth a try ..

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I have carcinosarcoma ovarian and have had 15 chemo sessions in a year and a half over 3 years ago. I have been in remission since then. I feel great.

• This post was raised 2 yrs ago, its a bit out of date xx

• Hi there .... delighted to see you are doing great that is such good news ...what stage were you diagnosed at ??? .

Iam doing ok ..so far so good .

Love Jan xx

• This info. about this cancer is terrifying. I know it is rare, but there are 2 of us in WNY that ARE SURVIVORS OF THIS CANCER FOR 5 YRS +. WE NEED WOMEN TO KNOW ABOUT THE POSSIBILITIES FOR SURVIVAL. GOOD LUCK JAN76

• I was diagnosed with ovarian carcinosarcoma over 5yrs ago. Had surgery and 15 chemo sessions in over 1 1/2 yrs. following the surgery. I am 75 yrs old now and very optimistic about the future. I had the carbo/taxol with a kicker of some Gemzar for my treatment.

I have been in remission for over 3 1/2 yrs, and I feel great. Wishing you the same results.

You may also like...