What is a safe combination to take

Hi all, I have recently fractured my distal humerus/elbow,which was fixated in theatre and taking co-codimal, paracetamol, tramadol and arcoxia anything that will ease the pain, could anyone pls tell me if its ok to take arcoxia and paracetamol together. Or any combination of the above, I will try what it takes to get rid of the pain or at least ease it, nothing seems to have any effect. Please help...Thank you.

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I think you should consult a chemist and see what they say.Ring your local chemist they will be able to help.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

sylvi.x

• I'd agree with Sylvi, best to be careful as combinations of drugs can be dangerous.

Arcoxia is a NSAID therefore it would be ok to take with 2 Tramadol every 4 hours with 2 paracetamol between doses. DO NOT take Co-Codamol with Tramadol without consulting a doctor, you could accidently overdose and it could be dangerous.

If you can't get to a chemist try ringing NHS direct (0845 46 47) for advice.

Beth x

• Thank you too Beth for you help x

• Thank you sylvi, its got to a point where i'm taking each of the medicine in my post just to get a result, not knowing what is working, or are they cancelling each other out, I will as you advised ask my chemist. Thank you so much for your reply x.

• Dont take co-codamol and paracetamol together.. serious risk of paracetamol overdose! Beths advice is good x

• Hi

Just to add, it is well documented ( and experianced by me ;-) that too many pain killers do cancel each other out, you have these things called 'opiod recepters' and if you take one form of pain relief then another type within a few hrs it will stop the recepter from recieving that pain relief (if that makes sense??) .Obviously some are designed to work together, for eg paracetamol and a NSAID are traditionally good partners, but then 2 opiods are not.

Like the others say always good to cheack with a phramacist as they can cross reference.

(sorry about my spelling i have had a bad migraine and my head feels all mushy now ;-)

Ella xxx

• i AM NEW TO THE SITE AND BEEN GIVEN ARCOXIA CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO TAKE NITE OR MORNING?

AND ALSO DOES IT HAVE A BUILD UP EFFECT AS I HAVE TAKEN 3 NOW AND NO EFFECT MANY THANKS

You may also like...