Facebook visability: This site is not visable from... - NRAS

NRAS

29,387 members35,056 posts

Facebook visability

Nadine-NRAS
Nadine-NRASAdministrator

This site is not visable from facebook, but will show up is search results from Google and HealthUnlocked unless you lock it down to this community.

Underneath the box where you write your post, you’re asked whether you want the post to be visible to anyone or only to members of the community. If you choose ‘Anyone,’ the whole post will be visible to anyone who visits the forum and will also show up in search results, both on HealthUnlocked and search engines such as Google.

If you limit visibility to members of the community, only community members will be able to see the whole post, your username and replies to the post. Visitors who aren’t members of the community will only see the title and first few lines of the post. Your username and replies to the post will be hidden and the post won’t show up in searches on HealthUnlocked or search engines. Restricted posts have a padlock symbol next to the title.

Replies to posts are visible in the same way as the post itself, so if you reply to a post without a padlock your reply will also be visible to non-members. Replies to posts visible to community members only are hidden from non-members.

HealthUnlocked has information about visibility of posts and protecting your privacy on the forum more generally at:

support.healthunlocked.com/...

We hope this is helpful. If you have any questions, please get in touch with any of the administrators.

Best wishes,

Nadine and the NRAS team.

22 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi i know you have been in touch with healthunlocked nadine ,can you comment on contents healthunlocked releases to social media and nhs sites etc with highlights of a post from communitys that are unlocked on a daily bases , or are you saying this does not happen ,thank you

Nadine-NRAS
Nadine-NRASAdministrator in reply to Ajay575

Please read the privacy policy

healthunlocked.com/policies...

Ajay575
Ajay575 in reply to Nadine-NRAS

Sorry nadine ,cannot see anything about the posts and contents they release etc nothing on it unless im missing it , can you personally answer it if possible ,or direct to where the section about unlocked posts are and the contents they release ,or you can say they do not do this , just members are saying to me on replys it is resolved and Nadine has said no and you answered it ,thanks again

AgedCrone
AgedCrone in reply to Ajay575

If you read an unlocked post on Google...don’t do FB so can’t comment....all you have to do is join HU/NRAS & you can read it all.

Ajay575
Ajay575 in reply to AgedCrone

Yeh .it is the same with the posts healthunlocked share ,you see photo and 2 lines of post and reply ,then you click on to to come on site ,to promote and get new members,

Ajay575
Ajay575 in reply to Nadine-NRAS

Maybe dawned on me it is seperate issiues nadine ,one hand this site not visible to facebook ,and on the otherhand you have healthunlocked promoting forums and releasing contents and beginging of posts and photos etc ,this is legal and allowed and no problems whith this at all it is good they do this ,it is just the privacy and members do not know this for preference and to remind to lock posts if this is the case ,locked posts solve it if you want to, it is just when members ask and get told this is untrue or maybe it is true and does not happen thats all

allanah
allanah in reply to Ajay575

Hi yes that sorta makes sense to me so nras/ hu dont share to facebook. But if you dont lock your posts (in the tick box when you write a post) anyone new googling for advice on RA or drugs will be able to see unlocked posts, which is indeed how I found the site in the first place by googling looking for information. !

Ajay575
Ajay575 in reply to allanah

Yeh same here ,it is not an issiue just when members ask ,i got told this from admins on other site and one of my photos on post is from healthunlocked ,it is good and helps site ,last week a member respected good job etc and talked about cbt oil and mention cannibis she had second thoughts ,she did not know about locked posts her replys and photo was all over the nhs site and it was not even her post ,healthunlocked released content of her reply to the fisrst 2 lines with photo, i told her she is still shaking and deleted her replys ,this is only a reminder to lock posts if this would effect you thats all, yeh it is good all this promotion ,our chronic pain courses teams in area and gp point patients to health unlocked it is on their site unlocked posts updated daily ,i found the site through them, i also did not know for a year you could lock your post

KittyJ
KittyJ in reply to Ajay575

No one is releasing posts/content. If you don’t lock the post or you reply to an unlocked post then it’s you that are allowing public access to your posts on google searches etc.

Ajay575
Ajay575 in reply to KittyJ

I have no issiues wot so ever about posts locked or unlocked yes it is members choice ,lots members or specially new member do not know this ,again healthunlocked do release contents of your reply or post and photo to social media and charities and nhs and all say content provided by healthunlocked, we have different views on this, nethier of us is budging ,think we should leave it at that between us

KittyJ
KittyJ in reply to Ajay575

If you won’t believe what admin have said to you then you’re correct there is no point in further discussion.

Ajay575
Ajay575 in reply to KittyJ

You keep going ,admin have not said anything on the issiue about healthunlocked sharing posts on ,facebook/Twitter/nhs/and charities ,and releaseing contents daily, admin have said nrsa does not show up on facebook and post show up on search engines which i agree ,healthunlock run the show it is their guidelines that all forums must agree on

Kerensa21
Kerensa21 in reply to KittyJ

healthunlocked.com/latest/p....

AgedCrone

I don’t think anyone “releases“ anything...unlocked posts are free for all to see ...I would have thought anyone joining a site like this ....would check the circulation....which I’m sure is why many of us do not post names/photos/location.

After all we could all have posted lovely photos....say we drive a Ferrari & live in Vegas! Whoops didn’t mean to spill the beans.,

Ajay575

Yeh true ,healthunlocked does put content out daily just like the search engines ,actually nhs are on board now and lots on highlight posts go to them ,has been for a while now,all forums this is for no forums are singled out or that just the way healthunlocked works, nrsa do their own seperate and may do not fo this its all fine ,im sure nhs usueing it for wellbeing as well ,nothing wrong with all this the more the merrier members ,

AgedCrone

Surely if you don’t want the world to know you are on a site like this you just use a daft name & no photo?

Ajay575

True or Just lock your post ,the member did not know it goes out there ,it is not anything against healthunlocked,just lots of members forget or do not know about locked posts specially new members ,there is the question about photo on your avatar, your photo gets put out there as well and lots members have photos ,it is personal choice some members do not mind at all as well ,it is not just search engines, healthunlocked pick posts or replys to put out there ,the original post about this asked about privacy, and her photo is on avatar with a friend or family member she obviously did not know about privacy or locked posts ,and there is childrens photos as well that also go out you should lock your post if you have chidren on your avatar,lock you post solves it and only reply to posts that are locked , if your concerned about privacy

But all you need to do to read the whole thing out of curiosity is join HU/NRAS......you already know who to look for.

I guess that is why pseudonyms are useful?

Ajay575

Yeh i agree yes,and also have know issiues about unlocked posts,this all arisen as a member was wondering if anyone can see their facebook,and posts on facebook got brought into it ,and it was mentioned about search engines etc ,i confirmed this and also said healthunlocked share unlocked posts on facebook /twitter and nhs, and charities and partners ,and all hell broke loose

allanah

Ajay, not at all. We debate on here 😁!!!

Not always all hell let's loose😂😂 , sometimes just a little bit of devilment 😈 xxxx

Ajay575
Ajay575 in reply to allanah

Ha ha good one allanah 😂 ,i did actually say it for a bit of humour ha ha ,

allanah

😂😂

You may also like...