I am on Rituximab and have been on it since 2009, I usually have infusions every 9 to 12 months. I am currently undergoing tests for another condition and in doing that they have established that my immune system has taken a battering. My IGM is <0.20 and my IGG is 5.79. My rheumatologist has requested I see her next wednesday and the letter states "we need to discuss alternative treatment options due to immunology concerns"
I am gutted and concerned, Rituximab has been a life saver for me. It's not invasive on my life, I work full time and it's perfect for that as I don't have to miss a large amount of work to have treatment.
I know I can't second guess what she is going to say to me and I'm sure I'm overthinking it but it's made me realise that our bodies are fickle things. Just suddenly they can decide nope, I'm not doing that today and nope I'm going to cause that med to react in this way.
Has anyone else been on Rituximab and had to change? If so what did you change to? I've been on infliximab and Humira previously.
Can someone just give me a slap and tell me to stop worrying haha 🤣🤣