Surprised and grateful : Have just heard from PIP and... - NRAS

NRAS
26,265 members30,109 posts

Surprised and grateful

Have just heard from PIP and been awarded a monthly payment. Thought I would have a fight on my hands. I leave work in December and this will help enormously. I can't drive very far these days so will help towards taxis to and from the hospital. Feeling very relieved.

7 Replies
oldestnewest

I'm so pleased for you Ellie, it'll be a useful buffer for after you leave your job. If you don't mind sharing can you tell us what were you awarded? I ask as there seem to be fewer of us being awarded mobility, myself included, because of the 20m rule. I appreciate it is dependent on needs/ability but some have been unfairly knocked back. Thanks. x

2 likes

No I don't mind. £55 per week

1 like

Sorry, I meant either daily living &/or mobility really but that'll do, thanks, standard daily living..... better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick eh?!

1 like

Definitely

Congratulations. It's good to hear some positive news regarding pip. They decided to take some of mine but I will fight it all the way!

Trish

So pleased for you, great news. This will make things easier for you and not to rely solely on hubby. Onwards and upwards, happy retirement.

1 like

That's very good news

1 like

You may also like...