Fellow olympians

Hi - just taking advantage of enforced inactivity following ankle op and enjoying the Olympics. Watching all these amazing people striving against the odds to achieve the almost unattainable . . . . Hang on a minute . . This description fits many of us on this site - I mean, tussling with underwear and buttons - then undertaking the marathon descent of the stairs . . Not to mention the hoisting myself out of the chair and the tense race to reach the toilet in time after all those cups of tea . .

Time for some frivolity girls and boys - let's have some ideas for events in the RA Olympics

A gold medal to each and every one of you

โ˜บ xxx

11 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • fabulous piccy

• Beautiful. God bless you and us all. I guess if not in this life, we will all run, jump, and play like children in the next life.

• Just made me wonder - are others still able to run and jump in their dreams? I almost never do, in dreams I am almost always stuck somewhere, entangled in something or otherwise restricted. Except for a few nights ago when I was rock climbing . . . as agile as a monkey! (Not something I've ever done even before RA!)

And oh yes, JeffG, I am sure we will all be running and jumping one day,wherever we go.โ˜บ

• Double duvet changeover.....perhaps a relay race?

• Brilliant! I can picture it now!

• Daring to reach up on your toes for something?....As impossible as preparing to high jump!

• I've been watching the Olympics but npkb, your point about us being an Olympian is inspired!! ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†

I couldn't think of an Olympic sport for peeling the little 'sticker' off a new bottle of milk or opening the sachets of milk given with cups of tea at a certain fast food chain ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜ฌ

• Maybe - Hospitality team event - first team to present tray of afternoon tea where all items start off in those devil8sh little pots and packets !

• Brilliant! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†

• Do you mean those trays whose teacups have such tiny weeny handles that even your pinkie finger doesn't fit on a normal day? That would surely be a lifting and balencing event! :D

• Ha! Superb skill required.

And what about dressage - on mobility scooters, fencing - with walking sticks, and door opening - different levels 1. internal domestic doors with slippery handles, 2. Front doors - with stiff locks and 3. For a real test of strength, fire doors.

Oh, and weightlifting - how much shopping can you lift 1. A few inches and 2. Into the car

You may also like...