I returned from Canada a week ago and I received a letter from the matron at my Rhuemy Clinic to apologize for the problems I had before I left for my trip to Canada. I have also received an appointnment for my next Toci infusion which is next Tuesday. I am booked in for my Flu Jab also next Saturday at my GP's Clinic.
I was really lucky whilst I was away as I had a brilliant time whilst visiting my family. The weather was really hot around 30 degrees most days and humid, none of which effected my RA apart from I had a slight flare up in my hands but only lasted a day. I managed the stairs too, that improved greatly by the time I was returning. I walked each day with my daughter-in-law to collect the twins from school, good 20 minute exercise each way and well worth the hugs and kisses I received when they saw me in the play ground.
I am wondering if I should wait to have the flu jab after having the infusion on the Tuesday, it will be like having the first infusion as the last one for those who have been following me, was June 9th due to staffing issues at the hospital. I want to start on injections instead of infusions so that doesn't happen again. Has anyone had a flu jab soon after having a Toci infusion and did they have a flare up etc?
I hope everyone is feeling ok now that the weather is changing.
Take care, Sue xx