lower back and hip pain

hello. i was born with hip dysplasia and have had no problems for a very long time till recently acouple years ago when i started in a competitive dance team. i have been feeling bad hip pain and lower back pain for a few months now that has gotten worse and im not sure if this is because of the hip dysplasia. i question if this pain is serious and i should get help. any thoughts??

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hiya kristenknight. Certainly if you feel it's worsening I would see your GP for his opinion, especially if there's a history of Rheumatoid Disease, any of the Arthritis related diseases in your family, even if not. Better to get it checked if it's becoming more painful anyway & causing problems as compensating for the pain could affect the way you walk & cause other issues.

• Hi, my daughter was born with the same condition, had 14 ops during her childhood. She has always had residual pain, and it gradually worsened until she had a full hip replacement last year, aged 38.

That doesn't mean that you are in the same position, but I would advise that you ask for a referral from your gp, to get your hip looked at. It may well be that physio, or other measures would help.

I hope you get the appropriate help, and some relief. M x

You may also like...