Hi have asked for referral as advised by you all and gp has agreed , she is very good and I believe that she thinks that at present the side effects of further medication may be worse or more detrimental overall than my symptoms . I am ok today after 4 really difficult days -however think it will be interesting to see what specialist says . I mentioned vit d levels but she seems to think that as taking Acdal d3 blood test won't be reliable maybe -is how I picked it up and that it is pmr/ra anyway will see what specialist says and thought I'll keep a diary of flare ups which may help decide.
GP seems to think that prednisolone is best and to increase dose then taper back down- question is I didn't increase 4 days ago when flared up and it settled in 4 days so struggling to think if should increase the minute it does flare up would it improve things more quickly ?
I must say I realise I am lucky when reading some posts on here I feel so sad for some people s situations and wish everyone all the best and hope everyone can get to the very best they can be