17 hours and counting

Its 17 hours since I last had a cigarette, I went to see the Stop Smoking doc at my loacal Boots last night, I did the CO2 test and was horrified it registered 30.

I have patches and an inahler, the inhaler is fine but makes me cough after a big drag on it.

I'm feeling a tad light headed and all I can think about are Marlboro light.

How long before this feeling disappears?

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Lambchop

Welcome to the forum and congrats on starting down the road to no longer needing the evil weed.

I felt dizzy for a few days as its all the chemicals leaving your body in the first few days and i think by the end of week 1 i was starting to feel a bit better. I did get very tierd too but i was on chamipx for the first 7 days of my quit and then stopped taking them.

Good luck to you whatever happens.

TTFN

• well done

hi ive been on the same has you patches etc and im into week 4 you are feeling light headed because you have more oxygen in your body this will get better it lasted a few days with me keep up the good work :):)

• Well done lambchop, love the name !!

Good luck in your quit !

Rob

• Light Headed

Hey light headed is the best bit its like beeing half cut for freeeeeeeeee lol,

Good luck with your quit. one day at a time :-)

• Well I'm over the 24 hours and just into day 2 and feeling bloody awful if the truth be known, however if I can go 24 hours then I can see out the next few.

Strange its the most stresfull time of my life, split up with my girlfriend and am homeless and I decide to quit!

• Hi Lambchop

Sorry to hear about your troubles - you certainly haven't picked an easy time to quit have you.

It's never easy but always worth a try, smoking doesn't solve anything and only burns a hole in our pockets.

You've done really well to get through today with everything else you're having to deal with so just see how it goes, one day at a time.

I hope everything works out for you.

Good luck.

Linda x

• If you get through what you're going through that's brilliant. Quit day for me is Monday and you're an inspiration to me.

You may also like...