Non Hodgkin's Lymphoma Friends

4 monthly checkup

Well went for my 4 monthly visit to the haematologist today, CT scans show only minimal growth and bloods the same, so now blood test every 3 months scan in 6 months. Looks like I'm treading water. Dr commented that I didn't seem to have the same level of anxiety that a lot of his patients exhibited. I told him about this site and how sharing my experiences with others who were going down the same path proved a great help n maintaining a positive mindset.

5 Replies
oldestnewest

In circumstances that's great news, I aspire to similar comments at my next check up due at end of August. I also understand the comments regarding anxiety, the benefit of having a forum for discussion is tremendous, also helped with less difficult test results.

3 likes

Hi TezzM - good news - no deterioration in your health and long may it continue; lowering anxiety is vital for our immune system. I'm finding this site to be a great source of reassurance and commonsense . It's a real support group.

2 likes

Happy for you and glad your Dr. stays on top of things... best of luck in the years to come.

1 like

Had an appointment with my oncologist two days ago. Blood work came back with flying colors. I am now in remission from LBCL for six months now. I'm a happy camper.

2 likes

What a relief ...enjoy this time.....I am feeling less anxious because am in new Cancer Center with fresh approach..and more hands on ...Still on watch and wait but feel "better " mentally!..I agree that this site is helping the anxiety lessen....

1 like

You may also like...