Hi my introduction

Had my kidney transplant 22 months ago. I have PKD, and high antibodies 99% . That created some hiccups for receiving a match from a cadaver ( match had to very close), because of PKD is hereditary my family could be live donors.

Long story short Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, Md , found a great match, I had three plasmafresis treatments after my surgery. Today I'm doing great I thank God for my donor and his family, whom I've met this past January we gave become family to each other.

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations on your transplant and welcome to the NKF's transplant community!

• Thank you

• Congratulations on your transplant!

• Thank you

• Wonderful story!

• Great to have you join us. I'm 21 mos post transplant on July 4. Ain't life grand!!!!

• Hi Cmarcella and thanks for sharing,

I am also highly sensitised with antibodies 95%. I have had two renal transplants and I am reluctant to back on the list giving my high levels of antibodies and i have asked to be taken off the waiting list.

I wish you all the best

• I would not give up on it yet , I had high antibodies in the upper 90s and I had my fourth transplant in 2015 and doing good, there are also many centers doing the desensitization a good transplant center makes all the difference.

• thanks Bert64

• Good for you and keep on going. Everyday is a blessing 🌈

You may also like...